Like many people, you are registered on an online dating site. But beware of the Adonis boys and the beautiful mermaids who ask you for money! These are romance scam specialists
Romance scams start as follow : One day you are contacted by someone on a dating site. This person likes your profile and begins a discussion with you, is very attractive, fills you with compliments, etc …
After several exchanges of emails, a relationship is established and you are bound to that person.
Then during a trip abroad, a catastrophe happens. Your contact is in a critical situation! Difficult to resist this person calling you for help, some feelings now exist …
Then, whatever the reason your contact asks you to send money. Reasons can be illness, death of a relative, etc. If you agree, you will never see your money back.
Scammers operate by playing with the feelings of their victims
They establish here a relationship of trust with their prey in order to scam them when comes the time.
On dating sites, beware of the too nice, too innocent boys (girls). However, if you get seduced – handsome boys (beautiful girls) do not only hide scammers – run away immediately when it is about money!
Moreover, gentlemen, be aware that most of the time your beautiful lady on the other side of the screen is actually a man. This man have recovered a pretty girl photo, sends you sweet words. Lovely isn’t it?
How to indentify romance scammers
Fortunately some signs exist to detect a romance scam :
- Your contact falls in love with you after 2 days: Scammers have no time to lose
- Your contact owns his or her company dealing in import export business and must move a few days abroad: Start of a typical scenario for a scam
- His or her webcam never works: This way, you do not see the scammer does not look like his or her picture on the dating website profile
- He quickly asks to go into dialogue on MSN or Skype : He does not have to pay the subscription to the dating site and does not fear being excluded from it.
- He asks you for money in an emergency and you are the only person in the world able to help: Blaming and stressing are two techniques used to push you to send an amount of money
If you too have experienced a love story who reveals to be a romance scam, tell us you story.